Selenium Tutorial for BeginnersSelenium is an open source technology for automating browser-based applications. Selenium is easy to get started with for simple functional testing of a Web application. I can usually take a beginner with some light testing experience and teach them Selenium in a 2 day course. A few years ago I wrote a fast and easy tutorial Building Selenium Tests For Web Applications tutorial for beginners.
The Selenium Tutorial for Beginners has the following chapters:
- Selenium Tutorial 1: Write Your First Functional Selenium Test
- Selenium Tutorial 2: Write Your First Functional Selenium Test of an Ajax application
- Selenium Tutorial 3: Choosing between Selenium 1 and Selenium 2
- Selenium Tutorial 4: Install and Configure Selenium RC, Grid
- Selenium Tutorial 5: Use Record/Playback Tools Instead of Writing Test Code
- Selenium Tutorial 6: Repurpose Selenium Tests To Be Load and Performance Tests
- Selenium Tutorial 7: Repurpose Selenium Tests To Be Production Service Monitors
- Selenium Tutorial 8: Analyze the Selenium Test Logged Results To Identify Functional Issues and Performance Bottlenecks
- Selenium Tutorial 9: Debugging Selenium Tests
- Selenium Tutorial 10: Testing Flex/Flash Applications Using Selenium
- Selenium Tutorial 11: Using Selenium In Agile Software Development Methodology
- Selenium Tutorial 12: Run Selenium tests from HP Quality Center, HP Test Director, Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo
- Selenium Tutorial 13: Alternative To Selenium
I wrote a Selenium tutorial for beginners to make it easy to get started and take advantage of the advanced topics. Download TestMaker Community to get the Selenium tutorial for beginners and immediately build and run your first Selenium tests. It is entirely open source and free!