Work is progressing nicely on the TestMaker Object Designer.
We are now working on the following schedule:
August 30, 2010 - Alpha testing release (Functionally complete, many bugs)
September 16, 2010 - Beta testing release (Coincides with JavaOne)
October 1, 2010 - Release Candidate 1
December 30, 2010 - Final release
Here is the list of remaining tasks to complete:
1) Flex Recorder - ala Flex Monkey style of recording from Flex components using Adobe Flex Automation API. Recorded Flex tests are stand-alone from Sahi and Selenium tests. TestMaker orchestrates Flex, Sahi, and Selenium tests as part of a use case with multiple steps.
2) Flex Runner - a component to playback the Flex recording. This is analogous to Htmlunit playing a Selenium script. The Flex Runner is the key to repurposing the test to be a functional test, load and performance test, and service monitor.
3) XSD for Designer native files
4) Htmlunit Viewer - Shows Htmlunit view of an application state in playback of a Sahi and Selenium
5) Sahi - SahiHtmlunit - Runs Sahi scripts in headless browser
6) Conditionals and Looping (Selenium and Sahi). We are following the design put forward at wiki.openqa.org/display/SEL/flowControl
7) Export to unit test (Java, Ruby, Groovy, Java, C#, Perl, PHP, Python - Selenium RC - Choose your browser - Browser opens, runs your test). Gives choice of Selenium, Sahi, Flex, and then browser/RC or headless/Htmlunit. For Flex, gives choice of browser or Flex runner.
8) DPL Options panel: Get next row, Get row #, Get random row
9) Options Panel: Error handling (stop on error)
10) Editor integration - drag Designer objects into Editor Use Case definitions
11) Proof Test options
12) Test Object Description panel: Name, Creator, Links, Version, Categorization
13) Cut, copy, paste commands
The team would love input from the community. Please post your thoughts here. Thanks!